It’s hard to believe it’s already November. With an impending winter upon us, it’s time to start prepping your home for the cold weather. Here are some tips to help prep your home and perhaps help you save some money in the long run!
- Reprogram your thermostat.
- Clean your furnace and switch out filters.
- Properly store your outdoor furniture from the elements.
- Clean and inspect your fireplace.
- Look for any gaps and cracks in your insulation.
- Inspect your windows and screens and fix any holes.
- Insulate your pipes for the winter.
- Switch the batteries in your smoke and monoxide detectors.
- Don’t forget about Daylight Savings time! In case you missed it this weekend, set all your clocks an hour back.